ALF 2023 and AACE Events
Event Booking: Terms and Conditions
When booking to attend any event organised by the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE) the following terms and conditions apply:
- Day Delegate
Attendance as a day delegate will entitle the delegate to receive event details, refreshments, including a buffet lunch, and be able to attend the designated sessions, as advertised in the event programme.
- Full Event / Package Delegate
Delegates attending the whole event, where it covers more than one day, will be entitled to the same benefits as the Day Delegate.
a. Delegate Restrictions
Delegates who are not employed by an event sponsor or exhibitor may not promote or advertise any product for commercial gain.
- Arrival and Departure – Bedrooms
Where delegates are staying overnight, rooms will be available for occupation, at the discretion of the hotel, as early as possible after 16.00 hrs on the day of arrival and must be vacated before 11.00 on the day of departure.
Member organisations [i] will be invoiced separately for all authorised delegates that attend. Other delegates will also be invoiced. All invoices are payable prior to delegate places being confirmed. Attendance at the event is conditional on the timely payment of the invoice.
In the event of a delegate wishing to cancel, such cancellation must be made by e-mail to the AACE offices and the following will apply:
- Day delegates cancelling at least 14 days before the date of the event: In such circumstances 10% of the event fee will be charged, based on the fee originally paid. No refunds will be given for cancellations of bookings made less than 14 days before the date of the course.
- Full Event Delegates cancelling at least 28 days before the date of the event: In such circumstances 10% of the event fee will be charged, based on the fee originally paid. No refunds will be given to Full Delegates for cancellations of bookings made less than 28 days before the date of the course. Payment in full will remain due.
- No refund will be made for failure to attend or for departing early from the event.
- A colleague may, however, be substituted at no extra charge. This should be notified in writing or e-mail to AACE at least 21 days in advance.
- If AACE cancels the event, our liability shall be limited to a refund of any fees paid. In order to keep costs – and thus fees – to a minimum, we reserve the right to amend or alter published programmes and speakers.
- Joining Instructions
Joining instructions are usually sent by e-mail to the address given at the time of booking. If you have not received your joining instructions three days before the event, please refer to the ‘Contact Us’ page at https://aace.org.uk/
AACE will not be held responsible for non-receipt of joining instructions and refunds will not be issued under these circumstances.
- Payment Details
Invoices sent to member organisations and other delegates can be paid by BACS or using the following credit cards; MasterCard, Visa, Amex, Maestro and Visa Debit.
Payment will be taken in Sterling (GBP) and the delegate will be charged any foreign exchange commission as appropriate.
Events run by AACE are subject to VAT at 20%. Under UK Tax law VAT is chargeable even if the delegate is resident outside the UK.
- Video and Photography
Please note that photographs and footage will be taken throughout the conference. These will be used by AACE for marketing and publicity in AACE’s publications, on our website and in social media or in any third party publication. Please contact AACE if you have any concerns or if you wish to be exempted from this activity.
(1) The members of AACE are the 10 English NHS Ambulance Services (NHS Trusts and NHS Foundation Trusts) and the Welsh Ambulance Service, plus their equivalents in the devolved administrations, dependent territories and the Republic of Ireland.