ALF 2021 – Themes and Agenda
Themes and topics explored during the day included:
- Health inequalities and Public Health strategies for ambulance services
- Reducing violence and aggression towards ambulance staff
- Leading cultural change to become ‘employers of choice’
- Integrated Care Systems – the regional / local fit for ambulance services
- Quality Improvement for Patient Safety
- Staff welfare – suicide reduction
- Volunteering – what next?
- Workforce Race Equality Scheme – are we improving?
Speakers and contributors included:
- Sir Simon Stevens – Chief Executive, NHS England & NHS Improvement
- Lord Victor Adebowale – Crossbench Life Peer and Chair of NHS Confederation
- Professor Sir Michael Marmot – Professor of Epidemiology at University College London, Director of the UCL Institute of Health Equity, and Past President of the World Medical Association
- Lena Samuels – Chair, South Central Ambulance Service
- Edward Argar MP – UK Government Minister of State for Health
- Prerana Issar – Chief People Officer, NHS England & NHS Improvement
- Chris Hopson – Chief Executive of NHS Providers
- Daren Mochrie QAM – Chief Executive, North West Ambulance Services and Chair of AACE
- Martin Houghton-Brown – Chief Executive of St John Ambulance, Priory of England & the Islands of the Order of St John
- Professor Anton Emanuel – senior clinical lead for the NHS’s workforce race equality standard (WRES) programme
- Roger Davidson – Director, System Transformation, NHS England and NHS Improvement
Due to the continued importance of recognising outstanding service across the UK ambulance sector, AACE also used the new online format to highlight some exceptional ambulance individuals by featuring the work of their deserved ALF Award winners.
In conjunction with our production partners Glasgows, the format contained a mix of live speaker sessions, live panel / debate, networking and knowledge sharing presentations from UK national ambulance director groups, as well as access to sponsor content and an exhibition area.
As in previous years, the event was open to UK and international delegates alike.
The 2021 ALF Conference was kindly supported by: