Thirteen ambulance professionals received awards at the 2013 Ambulance Leadership Forum Awards Dinner held at Chesford Grange Hotel in Warwickshire, West Midlands.
Over 200 guests from the world of pre-hospital care saw special Distinguished Service Awards presented by Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE) Chair Dr Anthony Marsh to former Ambulance Service Network leader Jo Webber, former Chief Executive of East of England Ambulance Service Hayden Newton and former Chair of North East Ambulance Service Tony Dell.
Ten further AACE Outstanding Service Awards were awarded to one person from each NHS Ambulance Service to recognise staff members who have gone beyond the call of duty to help patients or colleagues in their day to day jobs.
The award winners were:
- Paul Bailey, Resilience and Emergency Planning Manager NWAS
- Glenn Borthwick, Paramedic Clinical Operations Manager, SECAMB
- Steve Jones, Community Paramedic Team Leader, NEAS
- Jill Moseley, Associate Director Clinical Quality, EEAS
- Dennis Oakes, Patient Transport Services, SWAST
- Tony Peters, Head Of Emergency Operations Centre, SCAS
- Steve Rendi, Head of Operations – South Yorkshire Clinical Business Unit, YAS
- Bob Street, Operational Support Manager, EMAS
- Colin Strugnell, Senior Support Officer – IM&T LAS
- Matt Ward, Paramedic, WMAS
The Awards Dinner, sponsored by Excelerate Technology, was an excellent opportunity for Ambulance Leadership Forum attendees to network with College of Paramedics conference delegates and international visitors from the International Roundtable on Community Paramedicine (IRCP).
The dinner followed national ambulance group meetings held on the first day of the College of Paramedics and IRCP conference.