The Association of Ambulance Chief Exectives is joining with over 60 high profile organisations in the UK’s health, housing, employment, research and voluntary sectors to launch a landmark shared vision on healthy ageing.
We’re pleased to commit to five key principles:
- prioritising prevention and public health;
- creating opportunities for people to contribute to society as they age;
- fostering accessible and inclusive homes and neighbourhoods so everyone can live where they want;
- narrowing inequalities in healthy ageing; and
- challenging ageist language, culture and practices.
This initiative is being led by Public Health England (PHE) and the Centre for Ageing Better. We will work together to make England the best country in the world to grow old, adding our voice to calls to tackle these issues and provide everyone with the opportunities and support they need to have a good later life.
We are asking other organisations to help us make this vision a reality. If you want to be involved in the next round of signatories or want to share the work you are doing, please contact email@example.com