The International Roundtable on Community Paramedicine (IRCP) will be held August 6-7, 2018 and is co-located with the Council of Ambulance Authorities CAA18 Congress at the Hilton Auckland in Auckland, New Zealand.
Approximately one hundred paramedic service administrators, chiefs, executive directors and others typically from Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom and the United States attend. If you wish to assist the IRCP and the industry by participating as a presenter for their event you are invited to submit a proposal.
Additional information and a preliminary program will be posted on the IRCP website after proposals are accepted.
Sessions for their annual meeting are 15 – 60 minutes including Q&A. They are accepting single speaker presentations as well as panel discussions. Sessions are classroom style. Applicants may have more than one submission for any type of session.
Please be advised that participation as a presenter is strictly on a voluntary basis. IRCP is unable to directly support travel expenses to its speakers. All speakers will be featured in the Conference Program. Speakers will receive discounted registration of $200 NZD (approximately $140 USD) for the event.
The following are general topics to be addressed at their conference, but all other relevant subject areas are welcome:
- The past, present and future of paramedic services
- Value of community paramedicine programs
- Lessons learned
- Hot topics/trends
- New Technology – including telemedicine and telehealth applications
- Community paramedicine programs: development, implementation, evaluation and results
- Achieving the “triple aim” of improving the patient experience, improving the health of populations and reducing the per capita cost of healthcare
- Government relations & finance
- Navigators: Implementing innovation such as dispatch or on-site diversion to the right care the first time
- Volunteers and volunteering – achievements, challenges and the future