AACE are pleased to announce the official launch of the National Ambulance Disability Network – particularly today, the UN International Day of Persons with Disability – which takes place right in the middle of Disability History Month.
During the past year colleagues have worked tirelessly in the background to establish a national platform to ensure the voices of disabled staff across the sector are being heard.
We know that staff with disabilities within the NHS, and particularly within ambulance services, have had poor experiences.
The NADN now provides a platform to learn from these experiences. There is a lot of work to be done and launching our network – with support from the Association of Ambulance Chief Executives (AACE) – is just the first step on this journey of improvement.
THE Structure of NADN
The National Ambulance Disability Network reports into the National Ambulance Diversity and Inclusion Forum, supported by AACE.
- The network comprises of 2 representatives from each NHS Ambulance Trust
- The Trust representatives are Chairs / Deputy Chairs of their local Staff Network and Equality and Inclusion Leads
- Representatives attend National network meetings and share information with their own networks and Communications teams
- There are 4 x National Meetings per year and representatives support additional development through Task & Finish groups
- NADN members can keep up to date with network activity via an online platform where we ask questions, share ideas and organise events.
- Co-ordinate, support and share best practice across the sector
- Support regional services in the formation and sustainability of Trust Disability Staff Networks
- Influence National Policy through NADIF & AACE
- Support improvement in WDES metrics, ensuring a better staff experience
- Promote a culture of being Disability Confident
- Embed equality practices into everyday activities
For more information about NADN, or if you have any suggestions for future editions of the newsletter, please email them at firstname.lastname@example.org